Crispy, crunchy and packed with quite a hit of spice and saltiness, dinamitas or dynamite is a delicious snack that is often found being sold by some street food carts. Served with a side of ketchup or sweet chili sauce, dynamite gets its heat and incredible lip-smacking goodness from long green finger chilies, which have just the right amount of spice for those who like it hot, and serve as a great intro to the spicy side of snacking for those who are just learning to love spicier cuisine. This version comes with plenty of cheddar cheese and ground beef to tame the heat and give it a bit more substance and savoriness, elevating this to a great appetizer or fun party food that’s great with whatever dip you choose to serve it with. Remember to serve these as soon as you’ve fried them so they’re not too greasy, and fry a lot—these will be gone in no time at all!
- 20 finger chilies (siling pansigang)
- 20 spring roll (lumpia) wrappers
- ½ kilo ground beef
- 1 40 grams pack taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for sautéing
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in pan. Sauté onion and garlic. Add ground beef and taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash the chilis. Cut them longitudinally, like creating a slit from the cap of the chili and near its tip. Remove the insides of the chili (the seeds and the white stuff). It looks quite presentable if you don’t cut the stalk.
- Stuff each chili with your cooked ground beef and a strip of cheese. Wrap your stuffed chilis with your lumpia wraps as you would a spring roll or shanghai.
- Deep fry your chili rolls in medium heat in a cooking pan for 5-7 minutes or until the wraps turn into a golden brown. Serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More