- 2 chicken thighs and 2 drumsticks, skinned and boned (from 1 medium free-range chicken – see box, p22)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 2 baking potatoes (about 520g), chopped into small pieces
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250g frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry (see tip)
- Natural yogurt to serve (optional)
- Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces, discarding any tendons. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan, then fry the chicken all over for 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove and set aside. heat the remaining oil in the pan, then fry the onion for 8 minutes or until soft. Stir through the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Return the chicken to the pan along with the potatoes, stirring to coat. Add the tinned tomatoes and 200ml water, then season well. ?Bring to a simmer and bubble ?gently for 10 minutes. Cover, then continue to cook for 10 minutes more, stirring every now and ?then, until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir through the spinach, cover and warm through gently for ?5 minutes. Season, then serve ?with natural yogurt, if you wish.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More