When you need something fresh to pick yourself up after a long day especially a hot one in the heart of summer—this fuss-free cucumber lemonade recipe is a wonderful drink that you can make ahead and enjoy any time in tall, cool pitchers with plenty of ice. Cucumber is refreshing and blends well with the mouth-puckering tartness of golden lemons, and with the simple syrup recipe here that you can prep ahead of time, you can serve this to your guests or family and allow them to adjust the sweetness level on their own according to their preference. This is a great beverage to make for picnics or store in thermoses for long day trips to the beach—you can also add a sprig of mint for a twist on this existing recipe. Don’t be afraid to drink up this incredible juice which is full of vitamins, and way better for you than soda—this is one sweet and tasty way to rehydrate!
- 1 Cucumber (6-8in), sliced
- 6 Lemons, juiced
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup White Sugar
- Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp.
- Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow to sit until you have about ⅔ cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
- In a pitcher, stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together. Add more water depending on your taste preference. You may also add the cucumber pulps.
- Serve cold.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More