- 1 kilo pork belly rasher
- 2-3 pcs. star anise
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 2-3 pcs.bay leaf
- Chinese five spice powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot place the pork and add water to cover the meat up to about 1”.
- Add the star anise, garlic, bay leaf and about 1 tbsp. of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until just tender. Remove from pot drain and let cool down.
- Using a fork prick the pork skin all the way down to the meat layer. The skin should be pricked as close as possible.
- Rub the skin with salt, then the meat and sides rub with mixture off Chinesefive spice powder and pepper powder.
- Arrange the pork in a baking tray or aluminium tray, skin side up and enough space between the pork rashers.
- Let marinate with the salt and Chinese five spice rub for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 250°C when the oven is hot place the baking tray at the center.
- Roast for 30 to 45 minutes. Check periodically if is the skin changes color suddenly, reduce the oven temperature to 200°C. Let it roast till the pork skin is blistered and turned to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest the meat for at least 8 to 10 minutes. When ready to serve chop in into serving pieces with your favourite dipping sauce.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More