- 12 oz Canadian bacon – chopped
- 6 English muffins cut into one inch cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- a few dashes of hot sauce (optional)
- Hollandaise (if using package)
- 2 package Knorr Hollandaise Mix
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- Prepare mix per package instructions.
- Add lemon juice and cream cheese and whisk.
Hollandaise (from scratch)
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup melted butter
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a buttered 13×9-in. baking dish. Top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Hollandaise (using package)
For Hollandaise (from Scratch)
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
Recipe Source here
Image Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More