- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, shredded
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 egg yolk
Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, beef, tomato paste and cumin and cook for about six minutes over medium heat.
- Add the cooked potatoes and cook for about seven minutes.
- Add the broth, season with salt and cook until meat is cooked through.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter and water until the dough forms.
- Form a ball, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Cut out round shapes with a cutter or a small plate.
- Fill the dough with the beef mixture.
- Brush the edges with egg and close the dough by pressing the edges together to form a half moon.
- Preheat oil in a deep pot.
- Fry the empanadas for about three minutes on each side.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More