- 1 and ½ cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
- water for soaking the rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ kilo sugar
- Bilao lined with banana leaves
- In a bowl, soak malagkit in water for 30 minutes or until soft. Drain the water from the bowl.
- In a pot, boil the coconut milk with salt until about a cup has been evaporated.
- Put the malagkit in a pot of coconut milk turning often to avoid scorching until the rice has dried a bit and has softened.
- Cook the softened rice in moderate heat and add the sugar, turning often until cooked.
- Remove from fire and place in a bilao (bamboo tray) lined with banana leaves.
- Serve either hot or cold.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More