- 1 large fish (lapu- lapu, talakitok or apahap), cleaned.
- 1 regular-sized green papaya (juice squeezed out, the washed in salt and water salution).
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in water (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. ginger strips
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- salt A pinch of
1) After cleaning the fish, rub salt all over it and under the gills. Leave for ½ hour, then fry in advance, Drain and place in serving dish.
2) To make vinegar sauce, Combine salt, sugar, and vinegar, Boil the mixture. Thicken with cornstarch, if desired. Blend well, then set aside.
3) In a pan, sauté garlic, ginger strips, and onion.
4) Add bell pepper and grated papaya, Saute until half cooked.
5) While fish is still hot, top with sautéed spices.
6) Pour vinegar sauce on top. Then serve.