- 500g potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 440g dory fillet
- 1 small onion, peeled, grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for frying
- spring onion for garnish
For the Tartar Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. pickle relish , roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small red onion , very finely chopped
- 1 tsp parsley , finely chopped
- Mash boiled potatoes until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Combine fish to the potatoes with the onion, celery, dill and lemon rind and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well together, then use your hands to form into the shaped molds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each patty in the flour, then in the egg mixture and lastly in the breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add patties (in batches) and fry both sides until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of tartar sauce and garnish with spring onion.
for tartar sauce:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to use.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More