Want to try a different twist on your favourite leche flan? Try this fiesta flan recipe and enjoy a refreshing dessert!
Leche flan is a very common dessert treat among Filipinos. Such sweet is made of eggs, sugar, evaporated and condensed milk. As time goes along and with an innovative mind, there comes the colourful fiesta flan. Similar to the typical leche flan, caramelized sugar is spread at the bottom of the pans, except that additional fruit cocktail or choice of fruit is included. Moreover, gulaman and sugar are dissolved in syrup-water mixture, which is later mixed with milk and vanilla and whisked eggs and cooked over low heat, with constant stirring. The mixture will then be poured into prepared moulds. Chill and serve. Simple, right?
Such recipe could be a creative way of serving fruits to your kiddos. Colourful and sweet, this could easily attract their attention. One could also add fun to this freshening treat by using different shapes of moulds. Summer is approaching? Picnics and get together will be at the corners. Surely, this simple treat could lighten up the mood under the heat of the summer sun.
Excited to make an extra fun-filled dessert-making activity? Follow this easy recipe below. Make it as festive as you can! Let’s make it fiesta style!
- 1 bar Yellow Gulaman (shredded)
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar (for caramelized sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup Evaporated Milk
- 3 pc Eggs
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte
- Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained, add water to syrup to make 1½ cups )
- Caramelize sugar in pan. Divide into 3 llanera/molds. Spread ¾ of fruit cocktail at the bottom of molds. Set aside
- Dissolve gulaman and sugar in syrup – water mixture. Boil until gulaman has dissolved, then strain. Return the liquid into pan. Keep it warm.
- In a bowl using wire whisk, beat eggs until creamy. Strain on bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla. Mix with gulaman. Cook over low heat with constant stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Pour into prepared molds with caramelized sugar. Cover and chill until set.
Lusog Notes: This delicious dessert is rich in calcium, for strong bones and teeth.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More