Pastas are well-loved by Filipinos. It is always present in a party especially in a children’s party! If Italy is famous because of their Italian Spaghetti,well Filipinos have a unique way of making it. We,Filipinos,are artistic in our own way because we love it to be sweet.
Cooking this kind of pasta is an easy one and there’s no need to worry to look intensely for the ingredients because since it’s a Filipino style spaghetti,all ingredients can be provided easily. Some cooks,instead of adding sugar they usually use hotdogs or Vienna sausage. What makes it unique is that the sauce is sweet that’s why children love this kind of spaghetti. The Filipino Style Spaghetti is not only present in a children’s party but also in parties for adults too.
What makes this spaghetti really Pinoy is that the sauce is made up of banana ketchup,ground meat and hotdog. See,the ingredients are so easy to find and the taste is simple yet it’s delicious. Now,the magic is in your hands to have your own Filipino Style Spaghetti. Try it now and see the results.
- 1 kg. spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 kg. ground beef
- 1/2 kg. ground pork
- 1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced
- 1 kg. tomato sauce (or 3/4 kg. tomato sauce and 1/4 kg. banana catsup)
- 3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1/4 cup brown or white sugar (reduce to 1/8 cup if using banana catsup)
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions.
- In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil.
- Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce or combination of banana catsup and tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Optional: add hot sauce e.g. Tabasco for more spice if desired.
- Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More