- � k maya-maya, fillet but skin-on, sliced into big pieces with equal thickness
- rock salt
- � inch ginger, peeled and crushed
For the escabeche sauce:
- pre-mix in advance…
- 250 ml. pure sukang tuba
- 250 ml. water
- 90 gms. sugar
- 15 gms. rock salt
- 1 pc. green sili, long
- Season fillet with rock salt then set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then add fish, skin side down. Slightly brown the fish then turn over. When fish is half cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown the garlic in the same pan then add the ginger and brown too, without burning the garlic.
- Push the ginger and garlic to the side of the pan then add the fish.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil without stirring. Add the sili.
- Cook the fish in the sauce until done and simmer the sauce until the vinegar is cooked and the sweet and sour balance is achieved.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More