- 4 pcs. rib-eye steak
- For the marinade:
- cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. mustard olive
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- � tsp. thyme
- � tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
For the gravy:
- 4 tbsps. brown roux (4 tbsps. butter & 6 tbsps. flour)
- 1 to 1- cups beef stock
- 2 tbsps. button mushrooms, thinly-sliced
- � cup shiitake mushrooms, soaked in water & chopped
- � cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
- � cup shiitake mushroom water
- � pc. onion (medium), chopped
- � cup red wine, port or sherry
- Marinate steak in olive oil, mustard, rosemary, thyme and black pepper. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Grill the steak.
To make the gravy:
- Brown the cooking flour until it turns beige in color. Combine with butter; set aside. Add olive oil to the pan where the steak was grilled. Saut� onions until caramelized and then deglaze with red wine. Simmer for 2 minutes then add beef stock and mushroom water.
- Strain the liquid to take out impurities. Add mushrooms and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the roux using a wire whisk, stirring continuously to avoid lumps from forming. Season with salt and pepper.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More