- 1 kilo fish fillet, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cakes tokwa, tofu, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 pieces red and green bell pepper, cut into wedges
- 1 small can tausi, salted beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small size carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- Dust fish cube with salt an pepper let stand for 5 to 10 minutes tomarinate, put flour in a bowl and dip each fish to coat with the flour.
- In a skillet deep fry fish in batches for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, keep aside.
- In same skillet deep fry tofu for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown, keep aside.
- In a wok sauté garlic and onion, add in tausi and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add in 2 cups 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add in the vegetables, sugar, hoisin and oyster sauce, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Thickened sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water.
- Add in fish and tofu and stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce is infused to the fish and tofu.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More