- 1 whole chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch spring onion stalks
- 2 pcs. bay leaves
- 1-2 tbsp. fish sauce
- oil for deep frying
- parsley for garnish
For the gravy:
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup stock from steamer
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp.. soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add spring onion stalks, bay leaves and fish sauce to water in a steamer. Steam chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to cool down and rub a little more fish sauce all over.
- Heat enough oil in a wok. Deep-fry chicken for 5-8 minutes until golden. Scoop out and drain on paper towels. Let stand for a few minutes before chopping and serving.
- Make roux in a pan, then add stock slowly while whisking.
- Add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, season with salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with chicken and garnish with parsley.
Other Delicious Recipes
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More