With a variety of different flavors that will tickle any picky palate, these fruit cocktail bars begin with a plain base of regular crackers as the perfect foil to the explosion of tastes that will follow from the other ingredients: first, the mixture of all-purpose cream, melted milk chocolate and coffee powder that will create a lovely, rich mocha sweetness that will be a complement to the chunks of fruit underneath. Chill these bars to help them set and make them easy to cut, and top them with additional sprinkles or chocolate bits if you prefer, but you may find that this recipe is quick and easy to make and delicious just the way it is. The fact that it’s packed full of fruit and can get your kids to eat up a ready source of Vitamin C is definitely a bonus to this indulgent yet light recipe.
- 500 grams Milk Chocolate Bar (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Cream
- 1½ tsp Instant Coffee (powder)
- 4 packs (25 grams each) Plain Crackers
- 1 can (432 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (Chilled and drained)
- Using double boiler, cook chocolate until just melted. Add cream and coffee powder, stir. Set aside.
- Arrange crackers on tray. Top each cracker with few pieces of DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Pour with melted chocolate. Chill to set. Cut into bite size pieces if desired.
- Makes 12 servings
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Chef’s Knife
- Chopping Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Lusog Notes: This sweet snack contains vitamin C, to keep your immune system strong.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More