- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch (dissolved in reserved syrup)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour (for cake)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder (double acting, for cake)
- ½ tsp Iodized Fine Salt (for cake)
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (for cake)
- 2 tsp Sugar (for cake)
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (cold, cut into bits, for cake)
- ⅔ cup Milk (for cake)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted, for cake)
- 1 pack (250 ml) All-Purpose Cream (chilled, for topping)
- 2 tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar (for topping)
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream (for topping)
- 1 can (832 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained, reserve 2 tbsp syrup)
- Preheat oven at 425ºF. Grease a 9” round pan or cookie sheet. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add sugars and butter. Blend using fork, until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk and mix just to combine. Spread on pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Split shortcake horizontally and spread both cut surfaces with butter. Or if using cookie sheet, cut into desired shape. Set aside.
- Heat cornstarch until thicken. Add sugar and DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Heat for 2 minutes. Let cool then add lemon zest. Set aside.
- Whip cream with sugar until fluffy. Add sour cream. Whip few minutes more.
- Spread cream over bottom half and top of cake. Spread fruit cocktail mixture on both cakes, and then assemble. Slice and serve.
- Makes 12 servings
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More