- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lb medium – sized cooked shrimp, best bought still frozen
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 – inch pieces, discarding bottom fourth
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1 fresh tomato, diced into ½ inch pieces
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley ( or 3 tsp dried parsley if fresh not available )
- Small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- *optional 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Press garlic and let sit for least 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Make sure shrimps is completely thawed and patted dry with a paper towel, or it will dilute the flavor of the salad.
- Add broth to medium skillet and after it has heated up, sauté asparagus for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together lemon, oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss shrimp, asparagus, parsley, and tomato with dressing and herbs. Allow shrimp salad to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Discard outer leaves of lettuce head, rinse, dry, and chop. Serve shrimp mixture on bed of lettuce and top with crumbled goat cheese, if desired.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More