- 2 cups kalabasa (kabocha squash), pared, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 cups sitaw (long beans), ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- ½ lb large shrimps (about 7 to 8 pieces), tendrils trimmed
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 banana chili
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- In a pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic until limp. Add fish sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and add chili. Bring to a gentle boil and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add long beans and continue to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until squash is softened, long beans are tender yet crisp and shrimps have changed color. Season with salt to taste.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More