Ginataang Pilipit na Suso Recipe
- 1 kilo susong pilipit, washed
- ½ kilo shredded banana blossom
- 4 cups fresh pure coconut milk
- ¼ cup bagoong alamang
- 3 thumb-sized ginger, sliced into slivers
- 2 medium-sized onion, sliced
- ½ head garlic, chopped
- 5 long green chillies, sliced
- 3 red hot chili, optional
- 3 stalks lemongrass, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- Prepare the suso by washing and cleaning the dirt from it.
- Soak it in water to extract dirt from the snail.
- Changing the water every 30-45 minutes.
- Drain once the water clears.
- In another pan, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Stir in the bagoong alamang and cook for about one to two minutes.
- Add the lemongrass and banana blossom, sauté until fragrant.
- Add three cups of the coconut milk, bring to a boil then add the clean snails.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to half.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, chili, then cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced to almost oily sauce.
- Season with salt.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More