Are you a lover of coconut-based sauce? Here’s what I can recommend for you, try this Ginataang Tulingan! Tulingan is a kind of fish which is smaller than tuna. We can actually cook it in many ways & one way of cooking it is the “Ginataang Tulingan”.
Ginataang Tulingan is made from a coconut-based sauce, tulingan and vegetables. This type of dish is really amazingly delicious if all the ingredients are properly put into it. Since tulingan needs to be cooked with vinegar, it has a sour creamy consistency with a soft sweetness from fresh ginger.
Cooking this kind of dish will not take you too long because it takes only an hour and one thing that I can assure that the Ginataang Tulingan is one of the best dishes that you can have. What I love about this dish that the fish is very tasty because of the sauce and the vegetables in it.
- 500 grams Tulingan fish (Skipjack tuna)
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 small Ginger chopped
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon msg
- ¼ black ground pepper
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 pieces medium eggplant
- 3 pieces chili finger
- 1 bunch bokchoy (or malunngay leaves)
- In a pot arrange sliced tulingan side by side , put in garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, salt, msg and vinegar.
- Simmer under medium heat for atleast 10-15 minutes or until vinegar is evaporated.
- Add coconut milk, chili finger, eggplant, and bokchoy then simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thicken.(Under medium heat)
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!!!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More