- 1/4 kilo pork, sliced
- 1/2 kilo squash or kalabasa, peeled, seeded and sliced
- bunch of sayote leaves
- cooking oil
- garlic, peeled and crushed
- onion, peeled and sliced
- fish sauce or patis
- Boil sliced pork in 2 cups water, season with salt, covered, about 10 minutes. Separate cooked meat from broth.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Saute garlic, about a minute. Then add onions, saute until transluscent, about a minute also.
- Add boiled meat, saute until they turned light brown.
- Add sliced squash, stirring occassionaly, about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining pork broth.
- Season with fish sauce and a little salt.
- When squash slices are tender, drop sayote leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve while hot with steaming white rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More