- 5 gloves garlic, peeled and crushed,
- 1 thumb sized ginger, peeled and julienned,
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped,
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped,
- ½ tsp ground pepper,
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
- 3 pcs “petchay” or “bok choi” or any veggies of your choice (optional)
- Cooking Instructions:
- The cooking process is straightforward sautéing. In a large casserole or pan, heat the oil in medium flame. Fry the garlic, followed by ginger. Add in the chopped tomatoes and continue frying until soft and mushy. Add in mussels and continue sautéing until it renders out its own liquid and shells starts to open.
- Continue simmering with liquid that comes out. Add some more hot water or better yet, rice washing (second wash) if you want it soupier. Add ground pepper and season it with salt to taste. Mussels usually packed some salty liquid inside the shell so taste and watch out adding salt. Add the “petchay” or any veggies of your choice and continue simmering until the vegetable is cooked through.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
- Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More