- 1 whole regular sized Tambakol (about 1kg) or half of a big size Tuna
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced-2 tbsp. palm vinegar
- 3 pcs green chilis
- 1 pc. chopped red hot chili (optional if you want it extra hot)
- ginger (about an inch), sliced
- salt and pepper to taste (pepper must be the whole grain but ground a bit)
- Clean fish by removing its gills and guts then slice to serving pieces. Season with salt.
- Cook the fish by steaming them with vinegar (paksiw). In a cooking pan add the fish, garlic, ginger, onion, and vinegar, bring to boil in medium heat and continue cooking the fish in low heat for about 5 minutes until the meat is soft and fragrant.
- Adjust the heat to high and add the coconut milk (don’t stir too much – so that the fish will not break apart).
- Bring to boil, Simmer for about 5 minutes. Adjust thickness of sauce by slowly adding water up to desired consistency.
- Drop the whole green chilies and the chopped hot chili. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve with hot rice and enjoy!
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More