- 2½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Iodized Fine Salt
- 4 pc Eggs
- 1¾ cups Sugar
- 1¼ cups Mayonnaise
- 250 grams Carrots (finely grated, 2 cups)
- ½ cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Roasted Cashew Nuts (coarsely chopped )
- Paper Muffin Cups
- ⅓ cup Cream Cheese (softened, for cream frosting)
- ¼ cup Butter (softened, for cream frosting)
- ¾ tsp Instant Coffee (for cream frosting, optional)
- ¾ cup Confectioner’s Sugar (for cream frosting)
- 1 can (832 grams) Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail (drained)
- Preheat oven at 350°F. Line two regular muffin pans with muffin cups. Set aside.
Mix first 4 ingredients. Combine ¼ cup of this mixture into fruit cocktail. Set aside. In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar and mayonnaise. Beat until well blended. Add flour mixture in three batches. Stir in remaining ingredients including DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail. Pour by ¼ cup Batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and coffee. Mix well. Spread on cake, then sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Makes 17 to 20 pieces
Cooking Tools Needed:
- Muffin Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Lusog Notes: This treat is rich in iron, which promotes healthy red blood cells and protects against anemia.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More