- 1 medium – sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces ( about 3 cups )
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 3.4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 6 oz canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Chop onion and garlic and let sit 5 – 10
- minutes to enhance their health – promoting benefits.
- Peel and cut squash.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in medium soup pot. Saute onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes, Stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger, and continue to saute for another minute. Add turmeric and curry powder, and mix well. Add squash and broth, and mix. Bring to a boil an high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce heat to medium – low and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place in blender and blend with coconut milk. Make sure you blend in batches filling blender only half full. Start on low speed, so hot soup does not erupt and burn you. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Thin with a little broth if needed. Season to taste with salt and white pepper Reheat, and add cilantro.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More