- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten, then add enough evaporated milk to make 1 and 3/4 cups
- cooking oil for frying
For the gorgoria glaze:
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon syrup
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- In another bowl cream the butter and add the sugar.
- Add the egg-milk mixture alternately with the flour-baking powder mixture. Knead well.
- Form into thumb-size ovals and press with fork tines to shape into googoria shaped pieces.
- Fry in hot oil and make sure the gorgorias are already golden-brown.
- Make the glaze by boiling together sugar, water and syrup until thickened or it reaches the thread stage (it is when the mixture forms a thread when a fork is dipped into the mixture when lifted). It is a bit tricky to coat the gorgorias if the consistency is too thick.
- Pour glaze into gorgoria until well coated. Do it quickly because the glaze will crystallized immediately.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More