Want a crunchy, fresh, spicy, sour salad? Try this green mango salad that will wake up your senses.
Green mango salad is popular in Thailand and is called Som Tum Mamuang. Here, this green mango salad has been infused with Filipino flavours. Very simple and easy to make, this can be a great starter for a sumptuous meal for the family or get together with friends.
One thing. This salad recipe can give you a burst of tropical flavours and a mix of texture- that fruity, hot, sweet, sour and salty feeling.
Green mango salad is not just as tasty as it can, but can be diet friendly as well. This recipe is very healthy and is low in calories and fat. Though commonly enjoyed as salad itself, it can also be savoured as a complete meal by adding cooked shrimp, chicken, or deep-fried tofu.
As for the salad dressing, the following has its own Filipino twist. Nevertheless, you can try pureeing your dressing by using a blender and simply toss it with your salad. Do a taste-test as needed. If you prefer it sweet, you can add a little more sugar or honey. Want it hotter, add more sili. Dressing can also be made a day ahead. Just make sure that it will be covered and chilled.
This salad recipe is no-cook, hence truly convenient. Try it now!
- 3 ½ cups green mango strips, peeled
- 2 tbsp. calamansi juice mixed with 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup minced onions
- 1 cup minced dried chili pork
- 2 tsp. patis
- 2 tbsp. fried peanuts, chopped.
- 2tbsp. white sugar
- 1-2 pcs. siling labuyo, sliced diagonally lettuce leaves to line serving platter.
- Soak mango strips in calamansi juice for 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- Drain well and put back in refrigerator.
- In a frying pan, heat soma oil. Saute garlic. Add onions and cook until wilted.
- Add chili pork, patis, sugar, peanuts and siling labuyo, Mix well.
- Saute for 3 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- When ready for serving, combine the mangoes and sauted mixture in a bowl
- Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves. Put mango salad on it..
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More