- 1 Talakitok (I think this fish is a Long Nose Trevally in English)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 inch ginger, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, sliced finely
- . freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- Clean and gut the fish, rub salt all over and then wash it all off to remove all slime.
- Score the fish skin on both sides ( see above photo). Stuff the ridges with ginger, garlic and shallot.
- Sprinkle some ground black pepper all over.
- In a flat surface arrange the aluminium foil. Put the banana leaf on top of the foil.
- Carefully transfer the talakitok over the banana leaf.
- Drizzle the fish with the oyster sauce all over.
- Wrap the fish and ensure to contain all the juices as well.
- Carefully secure the leaf by wrapping it with the aluminium foil.
- Put the foil package on a charcoal barbecue and cook for 20- 30 minutes. Check if it is done.
- Enjoy with freshly boiled rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More