- 1 kilo pork’s leg (pata)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup oyster sauce
- 5 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon black pepper corns
- 1 red onion; chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pcs star anis
Pata Tim Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup broth of pata
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot with enough water, simmer the pork pata with all the ingredients until fork tender.
- Add hot water if necessary to replace the evaporated liquid. Drain and cut the meat from one side and separate the bones.
- Save 1 cup of broth.
- Place pechay in a platter. Put the pata over the pechay. Set aside.
- For a super tender meat use charcoal when cooking, slow cooking is the key. Patience is a virtue indeed.
Pata Tim Sauce Cooking Procedures:
- In a skillet, combine broth, cornstarch, and salt to taste. Bring to boil until sauce becomes thick.
- Pour the sauce on top of the pata.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More