Japanese Ramen Recipe
- 300g fresh ramen noodles
- 250g pork belly, sliced 1½” thick
- ½ inch ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks leeks, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Bean Paste (Doubanjiang)
- 1 package dried bonito flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. japanese miso
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 6 shrimps, peeled and deveined (+ 1 Tbsp. sake for boiling)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup slices of narutomaki
- 1 package nori
- In a medium saucepan, heat sesame oil over medium high heat and add ginger and garlic when oil is hot.
- When fragrant, add chili bean paste and stir.
- Add the meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the shitake mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Using fine sieve, strain out scum if necessary.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add miso and soy sauce in the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped green onions and rice vinegar. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Prepare toppings. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. sake and shrimp. Once the shrimp starts changing color, turn off the heat and cover to let the remaining heat cook the shrimp . Drain and set aside.
- For the noodle, cook in boiling water. When done, drain completely and place in ice cold water. Divide the noodles on plates/bowls. Serve all the toppings on the noodles or on a separate plate.
- Pour the hot soup in a bowl. Serve the cold noodles, toppings, and soup and sprinkle bonito flakes in the soup right before eating.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More