- 1½ cup glutinous rice flour
- 1½ cup muscovado or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans (400ml) coconut milk or 4 cups fresh thick coconut milk
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- In a large non-stick saucepan( this is recommended to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan), combine coconut milk and glutinous rice flour. Mix well until the rice flour is fully dissolved.
- Heat the pan at very low while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until it thickens.
- Add the muscovado or brown sugar and stir continuously and keep on stirring to avoid burnt mixture at the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure to stir in one direction only to minimize lumping.
- Cooking is approximately one hour or when the Kalamay-hati is already a little heavy for you to stir.
- Take off from heat and place in a serving dish or a cleaned banana leaves and cool.
- Serve plain or sprinkle sesame seeds
Other Great Recipes
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....