- 1½ cup glutinous rice flour
1½ cup muscovado or brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cans (400ml) coconut milk or 4 cups fresh thick coconut milk
Sesame Seeds (optional)
Kalamay Hati Cooking Instructions
- In a large non-stick saucepan( this is recommended to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan), combine coconut milk and glutinous rice flour. Mix well until the rice flour is fully dissolved.
- Heat the pan at very low while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until it thickens.
- Add the muscovado or brown sugar and stir continuously and keep on stirring to avoid burnt mixture at the bottom of the pan.
- Make sure to stir in one direction only to minimize lumping.
- Cooking is approximately one hour or when the Kalamay-hati is already a little heavy for you to stir.
- Take off from heat and place in a serving dish or a cleaned banana leaves and cool.
- Serve plain or sprinkle sesame seeds
Collection of the best Filipino Recipes