- 400g shrimp (around 25g middle size shrimp)
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 2 scallions, white part and green part separated
- 1 tablespoon ShaoHsing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 cup warm chicken broth or warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Use a toothpick to pick the devein part out. Then remove the dark part in the heads too. Wash carefully and then drain completely. Use kitchen paper if necessary.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until really hot; add shrimp in to fry 15 seconds. They should turn red quickly. Transfer shrimp out and pour off extra oil.
- Leave in 1 tablespoon of oil, fry garlic, ginger and scallion over slow fire until aroma. Add ketchup and broth. Mix well.
- Return shrimp, add sugar,light soy sauce and ShaoHsing wine. Continue cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is well thickened and stick to the shrimp. Add salt to taste and scallion sections.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More