- 1 whole chicken, around 1.6 – 1.8 kgs)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 head cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅓ cup calamansi juice or lime juice
- 1 dozen lemongrass bulbs, pounded
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean chicken and dry it with paper towels. Rub chicken with salt inside and out.
- In a bowl combine together onions, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, sugar, calamansi juice and fish sauce.
- Rub chicken with the marinade inside and out then place in a zip lock bag together with any remaining marinade. Lock the bag and let it marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge 3 hours before cooking and when ready stuff cavity with lemongrass and bay leaves. Reserve any remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken in a 200C preheated oven using its rotisserie function and cook for 1 hr and 20 minutes. If you don’t have the rotisserie function place chicken in a wire rack above a baking tray.
- Combine reserved marinade with 2 tbsp of oil then use together with the drippings it to baste the chicken every 20 minutes until cooked.
- Serve while hot with
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More