- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.5lbs total)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- With a meat mallet or the back of a frying pan, pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter along with the oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the water and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the capers to the sauce and continue to simmer until butter is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken and sauce over egg noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More