- 3 cups (385 g) all purpose flour
- 1½ cups (185 g) powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1½ cups (350 g) butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Lemon Curd Topping
- 6 eggs, whole
- 1½ – 2 cups (200 – 300 g) white sugar
- ½ – ⅔ cup (120 – 155 ml) fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- zest from 3 lemons
- ½ cup (65 g) all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl. Add melted butter and vanilla extract. You will get a soft dough.
- Transfer the dough into 9 x 13 inch baking pan lined with baking paper.Bake for 15 minutes at 350 F (175 C). Take out of the oven.
- In the meantime, mix whole eggs together with sugar until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix some more until sugar starts dissolving.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix just until incorporated. Pour over hot shortbread crust and return to the oven. Bake for about 35-45 minutes more or until set in the middle. Cool completely, cut and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Recipe Source here
Image Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More