- 1 kg. ox tounge (cleaned, boiled, skin removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc. white onion, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 pcs. bay leaf
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 pc. large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry tounge until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Fry potatoes, set aside,. Then saute the mushrooms, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add tounge, stock, tomato paste, bay leaf, white wine, oyster sauce, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hrs or until tounge is tender. Add more water if needed. Add green olives last.
- Take out the tounge and slice diagonally.
- Transfer to serving plate with potatoes and mushrooms. Pour the sauce on top and garnish with spring onions. Serve.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....