- 1 kg. ox tounge (cleaned, boiled, skin removed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc. white onion, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 3 pcs. bay leaf
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 pc. large potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry tounge until brown. Drain and set aside.
- Fry potatoes, set aside,. Then saute the mushrooms, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add tounge, stock, tomato paste, bay leaf, white wine, oyster sauce, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hrs or until tounge is tender. Add more water if needed. Add green olives last.
- Take out the tounge and slice diagonally.
- Transfer to serving plate with potatoes and mushrooms. Pour the sauce on top and garnish with spring onions. Serve.