Mac and Cheese with Bacon Bits Recipe
- 500 g elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 cups fresh milk
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ tablespoon garlic, smashed
- 4 tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 750 g cheese, grated
- 250 g cheese spread
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup flat parsley, chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cut into small squares
- 1 large white onion, diced
- In a saucepan, heat milk with thyme and garlic.
- Melt butter in a pan, whisk in flour, stirring constantly.
- Strain milk and add into the roux.
- Continue to cook until smooth.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add and mix the cooked macaroni into the cheese mixture.
- Bake it in an oven or turbo broiler.
- In a pan, cook bacon with oil until crispy.
- Add onion and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter bacon mixture over the baked mac and cheese.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More