- 2 whole chickens, at least 1.3 kg each
- One half cup MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- One half cup brown sugar
- One half cup white sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- enough water to cover chicken
- One fourth cup butter
- 2 cups diced longganisa, casings removed
- 1 cup diced bacon
- One and a half cups chopped squash
- One and a half cups chopped carrots
- One and a half cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- enough water to cover vegetables
- One fourth cup maple syrup
- One fourth cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- One half tsp dried rosemary
- One half tsp dried thyme
- 2 8g sachets MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- 1 tsp pepper
- For the brine: Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive container. Ensure that chickens are submerged in water. Leave to brine inside the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter. Add longganisa and bacon. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a stockpot, boil squash, carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes in water until tender. Drain, then mash.
- Combine mashed vegetables with remaining ingredients, including longganisa and bacon. Mix well and use to stuff cavity of brined chickens. Cover in foil.
- Roast in a preheated 350F oven, at the bottommost rack. Remove foil after 30 minutes. Brush with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP dissolved in water every 10 minutes. Brush with butter during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Cooking time is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Blurb: Place excess stuffing in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake alongside chicken and serve on the side.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More