Want to try another no-bake- mango recipe dessert? Go on and learn this easy trick into a savory sweet mango dessert!
A bit similar to the no-bake mango cheesecake that we featured here, mango ref cake is another no-bake mango goodness that you should try on. Instead of having that creamy layer of cheesecake, bite into a layer of your Graham cracker “crust” and sweetened cream filling and of course, mango! Those tangy thin slices of mango!
Mango ref cake is a refrigerated no-bake cake or mango float. This is very easy to prepare that even kids can do it. It is just a sort of layering, pouring, and chilling. Easy. One can also opt to have different fillings or fruits as substitute for mango, especially if ripened mangoes are not available. Some would use fruit cocktail or their favourite fruit, which will be equally delicious and addictive. When served, you can try topping it with cheese shower it with shaved dark chocolate.
Don’t want to end your dessert time so soon with this sweet? Save some and store it in your refrigerator. Just make sure that you have it covered when placed inside that cooler thing.
Ready? Take your ingredients out and follow the instructions below. Yum!
- 1 pack Graham crackers
- 2 packs of 250 ml all-purpose cream or heavy cream (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 small can condensed milk (about 3/4 cup)
- 3-4 ripe mangoes
- Combine the all-purpose cream and condensed milk, and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or you can leave it overnight in the fridge overnight. (It’s chilled so when you layer it later with the graham, the crackers wont float)
- Slice mangoes into thin wedges and set it aside.
- Use whatever container/bowl you prefer, either plastic, glass, or aluminum as long as it has a flat bottom.
- Lay a layer of graham crackers at the bottom. Pour a layer of the chilled cream you prepared earlier.
- Lay a layer of the mangoes. Repeat the layering, ending with the cream on the top.
- Top with mango slices or design the top layer to however you want.
- Store in refrigerator and chill it overnight. Some preferred the mango float to be frozen so it will be your choice. Serve it cold or serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More