- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tbsp orange food coloring
- Oil for deep frying
- Cling wrap or wax paper
- ½ kilo pork, cut into small cubes
- ¼ kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup garbanzos, peeled
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup pork stock
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients until it forms into a dough.
- Knead for a few minutes until smooth, cover with plastic and chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a pan or wok, saute garlic and onion. Add the pork and liver until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, garbansos, potatoes, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and stock.
Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon of menudo on top of the empanada dough and seal tightly. Deep fry until golden.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More