- ½ kilo chicken breast cut 1/8 – ¼ inch thick strips
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for stir – frying ( optional if using non – stick fry pan instead of wok )
- 1 package coleslaw mix with green and purple cabbage and carrots if you can find it
- 2/3 cup green onions
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger ( use more if you like )
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved ( 8 inch diameter ), warmed
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce reduced sodium is fine
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil Olive oil works fine too
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Slice chicken into thin strips. In a medium bowl combine marinade ingredients and add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Heat wok and add peanut oil, or just heat large non – stick frying pan. Add chicken and stir fry until it turns white about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, green onions, ginger, and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- To assemble, spread one side of each tortilla with 2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce, spoon about ½ cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Makes 8 wraps.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More