- 1 pc whole chicken
- 5 cups rock salt
- 1 tsp iodized salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole red onion
- 1 stalk of leek, white part only
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Wash chicken thoroughly.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the dry rub ingredients in a bowl: Salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper.
- Rub this all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with onions and leeks.
- Put the rock salt in a deep frying pan.
- Make sure the bed of salt is at least two inches deep.
- Place the chicken on its back, on top of the bed of salt.
- Cover pan and cook over low- medium heat for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the dipping sauce made of soy sauce and the juice of lemon.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More