Looking to whip up a quick but indulgent dessert for yourself or some guests? This recipe is the answer to the problems of a hostess with limited time: icebox or no-bake cakes are easy to assemble, pleasing to the palate and are an absolute hit no matter which gathering you bring them to thanks to their cool, smooth flavors. This one makes use of a beloved combination of thick, rich milk chocolate with the tropical sweetness of bananas. The graham crackers are a good base to absorb the mixture of chocolate, egg yolks and cream, and serve as a contrast to their heavy, silky texture. Just give it the night in the fridge to help it set properly, and you have an effortless, inexpensive dessert that you can enjoy anytime you want! For extra pleasure, add as much whipped cream as you want—you’ve earned it!
No-Bake Choco-Banana-Graham Cake Recipe
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy cream/ all-purpose cream
- 20 graham cracker sheets
- 4 or 5 ripe bananas, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Line a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place yolks and a pinch of salt in another heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour cream into bowl with yolks, whisking constantly; return mixture to saucepan set over low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes (mixture should not come to a boil).
- Immediately strain through a fine sieve set over chocolate; stir until chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 4 hours.
- Spread 1 cup chocolate mixture evenly into bottom of loaf pan. Top with a layer of 4 graham crackers, trimmed to fit. Spread ½ cup chocolate over tops, and cover with some bananas. Spread ½ cup chocolate over bananas, and top with a layer of 4 trimmed graham crackers.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate, bananas, and graham crackers until you reach the top of the pan; finish with graham crackers.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Uncover, and turn out onto a serving platter. Remove plastic wrap. Garnish with whipped cream, and cut into slices.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More