Looking for something sweet and chewy to satisfy your sudden sugar craving, but can’t be bothered to whip up something in the oven? These delicious no-bake bars will deliver the perfect mixture of scrumptious peanut butter with the milky richness of chocolate chips, and the softness of marshmallows whipped in for a pillowy, pretty finish that’s sure to delight anyone with a sweet tooth. All you have to do is leave it to set in the refrigerator for some time, and you’re guaranteed to have an effortless, ooey-gooey treat that’s easy to pack or make for large groups, and keep in the ref for whenever you need to sink your teeth into something lusciously sinful. With a flavor combination held together by little more than a cooled mixture of eggs, graham crackers and butter, can you really say no to something this good?
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows, plus more for the top
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, plus more for the top
- ⅓ cup Reese’s peanut butter chips, plus more for the top
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add the sugar to the butter and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Whisk ¼ of the butter-sugar mixture to the beaten eggs little by little until completely incorporated. This will temper the eggs to keep them from scrambling.
- Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the butter-sugar mixture in the saucepan, and place it on the stove top over medium heat once again. Whisk until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until incorporated. Set aside the mixture to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the butter-sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir to combine, followed by the marshmallows, then the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Press the mixture evenly into a parchment lined 8×8 square baking dish and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from the pan and cut into squares.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More