- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup corn starch plus 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of one lemon
- 4 tbsp white vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mix beaten egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix 3/4 cup corn starch and flour, stir in water. Then add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Add chicken, fry in small batches at a time. Do not overcook the chicken, just fry it 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can make the sauce while frying the chicken. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mixed well.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and set aside. Clean the pan. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the pan is hot enough, add the minced ginger and garlic. Stir fry for about 10 seconds then add the crushed red chilli pepper. Stir for 5 seconds then add the rice wine.
- Add the sauce and bring to boil. Add the cooked chicken, stir and mix well.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon corn starch in in water. Add to chicken. Heat until sauce is thickened.
- Transfer in a plate, serve and enjoy
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More