- 500g bihon
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp. dried prawns
- 5 gloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. achuete powder
- 4 cups shrimp stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 300g lechon carajay, sliced
- 100g baby squid, rings
- 300g prawns
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- 2pcs hard boiled egg (quartered)
- 500g shrimp head and shell only
- 1/2 liter water
- Heat the cooking oil and saute the dreid prawns and garlic. Next, add the flour and the achuete.
- Add the prawn stock, a little at a time until sauce thickens.
- Add fish sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- In another pot of boiling water, add the bihon noodles and cook until tender. Strain then place in a bowl top with the palabok sauce, lechon carajay, and other toppings.
- Boil water and add shrimp head and shells. Then bring to a simmer.
- Crush the head and shell of shrimp to extract every flavor.
- Simmer again then set aside.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More