If you’re ever in a hurry to make a delicious and filling breakfast or snack for yourself, your friends or your family, this recipe is a perfect way to get something tasty in hand to keep you going all morning. Picture two soft, miniature pancakes with the tart creaminess of buttermilk and the delicious sweetness of jam, a portable sandwich that you can grab and go so you don’t skip the most important meal of the day—it’s a dream to assemble and made even more delicious by adding other spreads to vary this recipe. While fruity jams such as guava or pineapple will add a tropical twist of sunshine to your breakfast, the creamy richness of a hazelnut spread combined with strawberry jam is also a good idea—it’s a versatile recipe that will have you reaching for more and put a smile on your face despite the early hour!
- 1 (250gms.) pack pancake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup best fruits jam
- Prepare pancake mix according to package directions.
- Brush pan with buttermilk and pour 2 tablespoons of the batter mixture onto the pan.
- Cook until bubbly then turn and cook the other side.
- To assemble, spread buttermilk on the mini pancakes.
- Top with best fruits jam and another piece of pancake to make a sandwich. Makes 10 servings