- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6-ounces shrimp
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup snow peas, sliced
- 120 g. of dry sotanghon (vermicelli) noodles
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 pound chicken
- ½ cup tengang daga(mushrooms), soaked in water to soften
- Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water by about 2-inches.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook the chicken, skimming off any foam that forms. Cook until tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the Pancit Sotanghon noodles in warm water for 10 minutes or until soft. Cut into 4-inch pieces.
- When the chicken is done, remove from the pot and let cool.
- Strain the broth and set aside. Remove chicken skin and cut meat into thin strips.
- In a wok or skillet, heat the oil. SautÃ© the garlic and onion until soft. Add the shrimp, and cook until pink. Add the chicken meat and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the paprika and 2 cups of the reserved chicken broth.
- Add tengang daga(mushrooms). Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the carrots and snow peas. Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Pancit Sotanghon noodles. Season with the soy sauce and fish sauce. Simmer until the noodles are heated through, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with green onion slices and its ready to be served.
Other Delicious Recipes
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More